Fancy Fish Games
Based in Flagstaff, Arizona
29 Jan, 2013
DescriptionYou have fallen into a vast underground maze. Can you find your way out, or will you end up trapped in darkness forever? As the title implies, you find yourself falling deeper into darker and creepier levels even as you try to go up towards freedom. The game is fairly experimental, with a psychological undertone, and it was designed to defy players expectations.
HistoryI Can't Escape was designed for the One Game A Month challenge. I had never made a horror game before, and wanted to try making one. The design is pretty simple, with an interesting twist based off of a previous project I had never finished.
- Taunts the player by giving them control and yet somehow forcing them downwards anyways.
- Retro 3D dungeon crawler graphics that evolve as you progress.
- Delightfully eerie soundtrack that sets the mood and pace as you descend into darkness.
There are currently no trailers available for I Can't Escape. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for I Can't Escape. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Taking away all that you presumed and trusted about the game to then forcing you against your will to go further down away from your goal is a fantastic psychological twist of horror."
- Chris Priestman, Indie Statik
- "It's so simple and innocent looking yet simultaneously so atmospheric and oppressive it will definitely disturb you. Scare you even. Most probably it will also impress you with the elegance and subtlety of its design."
- Konstantinos Dimopoulos / Gnome, Indie Games
- "Fancy Fish Games' I Can't Escape Lives Up to Its Name"
- James Deputy, Indie Game HQ
- "The sense of dread and fear that sets in as the darkness takes over, the music picks up, the textures get spookier and the pace of events increases, was a very well made composition of fear."
- Hodgman, Gamedev Comment
- "I will never play this game again, which means you have successfully scared the pants right off me! Great job!"
- Applejackoff, Newgrounds Review
- "I can feel there's someone chasing me the ENTIRE game. It's absolutely fantastic! Great job!"
- Nashito, Newgrounds Review
About Fancy Fish Games
Fancy Fish Games is an indie game development studio dedicated to creating imaginative and thought-provoking experiences. Games that are designed to make you think, wonder, and ask questions - either during actual play, or upon reflection.
Our goal is to make games that are unlike what you have seen before. Games that are quirky, non-traditional, or metaphorical. To actually have an impact on your life, or how you think about life, even after you've finished playing our games.
More information on Fancy Fish Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
I Can't Escape Credits
Game Designer & Programmer, Fancy Fish Games
Composer & Sound Designer, Fancy Fish Games
Supporting Artist, Fancy Fish Games